Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Color Coded

My cousin asked for a blue and orange scarf. When I first started this scarf, I thought perhaps I would do horizontal stripes. After I had finished roughly two feet, I realized that the product I was staring at was absolutely hideous. yes. it was was orange. and it was blue. and it was solid and warm. but the colors looked absolutely terrible.


Thus I tore it all out and begun again. And am quite pleased with the ultimate result. Here we have a 5 foot 2 inch long scarf with a width of 3 and 3/4 inch. It still has both orange and blue but is mostly blue with a few small stripes of orange.


Previously mentioned in this blog here, the pattern for this scarf can be found here.I give this pattern 5 of 5 stars. It is absolutely gorgeous. and the second scarf I have made of this pattern. Below is the result of the first time I used this patter.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the texture, and while I don't know what your first try looked like, I think this color pattern was a good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! I decided to post a picture of the original. the Final product was so superior

    ReplyDelete